The Carter Cup...

The Carter Cup...
Atley, Sarah, Danny, and Tulip

Friday, April 16, 2010

Balboa Park

Tuesday was the first day that the we went to Balboa Park this trip. We started at the play park for the girls to run around and play. Tulip was pushing Atley on the swing and I told her to stop and she wouldn't listen and ended up pushing Atley right into this little boy. So in the first 5 mins of being at the park Tulip was in a time out. She did really well just sitting there waiting for her time to be up.

Tulip in Time out:)



The girls had a lot of fun playing. There was a big area where the girls could play in the sand and one of the kids there had sand toys that he shared with the girls. They played in the sand for a long time.



Atley loved this dinosaur, she was having a little conversation while she was on top. It was the cutest thing:)

After they played for about 40 mins we decided to go to the museums. Every Tuesday they have about 3 museums that you can go in to for free. Which is perfect to take kids because you are only for about 15 mins anyway. The first one we went to was the Museum of San Diego History. They had huge map of San Diego on the floor that you can walk on and see all the highways. I was going to take a pic of the girls on the map and the lady came up to me and told me no cameras allowed. So I didn't get the pic. When we walked to the next exhibit there was a lady that was going to take her kids picture next something and Tulip said "mom tell her that she isn't allowed!!!" I said no Tulip we won't worry about it. We were only in here for about 10 mins.

The next museum we went was the Museum of Photographic Arts. I really enjoyed this one, but Atley was done walking and I didn't have a stroller so we weren't there that long. I would really like to go back next month and look around more.

Atley was fine right after we left of course!!! Because that is how kids are. We walked to the Botanical Building and took lots of pics with the girls and the flowers. I think this was their favorite part, besides the play park.
Tulip wanted us to take a group pic, I am not as good as Danny taking self portraits.
They are little hams!!! There was this older couple sitting on the other side of them cracking up. They did think they were so cute:)




We were headed to the car when we passed the fountain the girls couldn't resit playing in the water. I even walked in with them for a minute.

Our toes in the water.



We had a very fun day. But I was ready for a break. I hadn't been alone since I went out to dinner with Kate before we left. Minus the 2 times I went to check the mail. So when Danny got home he let me go to Starbucks and have a mommy time out,  I was only gone for 1 1/2 hours. But I had a really great time. I was able to work on the blog and surf the net. When I got home Danny had fed the girls and gave them a bath. So all I had to do was comb hair and put them to bed.

I had a really great day. It was nice after having 2 days of not doing much.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah, your pictures are really great! I thought you'd like to know that Tulip's hairstyle is super hot over here in Japan!
    -Katie L

    ReplyDelete