To make a very long story short. We ended up missing the cruise after traveling for 53 hours before we decided to vacation in Puerto Rico. We were very disappointed, but we already spent 2 1/2 days traveling and we didn't want to spend our whole trip chasing down a cruise ship.
During our 11 hour stay in JFK we found some really fun stores and I found a ring that I wanted so bad. I am really bummed I didn't buy it:)
We had a hotel that we were planning on staying at the day we arrived in Puerto Rico. I called them to see if we could get a room NOW. They were so sweet and let us check in at 7:30 am. All they had available was 2 double beds. We were so tired we didn't care were we slept, we were just thankful for the early check in.
We ended up falling asleep around and sleeping until 3pm. I did wake up at 10 so I could call and cancel the cruise.
After we woke we asked our favorite hotel manager Juan how to get to old San Juan. He told us what bus to take and how man stops before our stop. Juan was like our own personal travel guide the whole trip. We loved him!!!!
This pic is of the blue cobblestone streets. We thought they were so neat looking.
We went to old San Juan and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. One of the waiters gave us all these ideas of things to do and showed us where on the map to find them. He was so helpful too. I couldn't believe how how helpful everyone was being to us. Because we weren't planning on staying in Puerto Rico we hadn't read up on it so we had no idea what we were going to do for a week. So it was really nice to get advice from the locals.
After dinner we just walked around the town. We bought somethings from local vender's. Then we headed back to our hotel and stopped at a grocery store on the way. We bought some snacks and drinks to have up in our room. We were very happy to be settled so we could start enjoying our time away.












No comments:
Post a Comment