The Carter Cup...

The Carter Cup...
Atley, Sarah, Danny, and Tulip

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Seattle day of fun...

On Presidents day Danny didn't have to work so we thought it would be fun if we took the girls to the children's Museum in Seattle. They went with their Aunt Jenni and Uncle Ben when I was in Japan last spring, and they have been talking about ever since.



We wanted to take an early ferry so we could be at the museum when it opened. The girls love taking the ferry. We walked all around and went up top. It was really foggy so they kept blowing the horn which scared the girls.









We were planning on riding the bus. But we got a nice call in the morning from Jenni and she said that she would pick us up at the ferry and drive us. So that was a nice surprise.

We got to the museum early and in time to do the "mess feast". They got to make homemade play dough. I have made it before, but I always use my kitchen aid because it takes only a few minutes. So doing it by hand so much fun for the girls and something we won't be doing in my house:)



After "mess Fest" we went exploring. There was so many fun things to do. Danny and I played man to man defence and took them on their own to explore. And then we met up. After a few hours we went up stairs for some snacks to regroup. Then went down stairs for more exploring.



















The girls had such a great time and Danny and I did also. I am big fan. If you have little kids and never been I highly recommend it.
After the museum we were headed to the Hard Rock for a late lunch.


We told the girls that were going to take the bus, but it was such a nice day that we decided to walk. Atley has such little legs and only 3. So she got very tired. One time she just stopped walking and laid down. It was really cute, and sad at the same time. So Danny made a deal with her that he would carry her for a block if she walked a block. She did pretty well, with a lot of whining. (Something you have tune out as a parent:)


It was so funny because we were just walking down the street and we ran into our friend Jeremy. Small world.
We got to the Hard Rock and only had to wait for about 30 mins. Which I didn't think was bad because of opening week. Anytime Danny and I travel it is one of the places we like to go. We have been to the ones in Paris, Mexico, and Japan, San Antonio, San Diego, Hollywood, La Jolla, Washington Dc, and Seattle.









After lunch we walked to a little shop by pike place and got some Gelto. It was so yummy the girls loved it. Tulip ate hers with little mess and Atley had it EVERYWHERE!!


Then it was more walking to the ferry. We ended up taking the 4:20 ferry home. It was such a LONG day but lots of fun. Kate was on the ferry so we got to sit with her and visit.
As we got off we walked by the the buses and saw the bus the goes by our house. Tulip was like lets take it. So Tulip, ATley and I took the bus home and Danny drove. The girls were looking forward to a bus ride all day. So it was a perfect way to end the day. The bus driver was nice that he let each of them pull the chord for our stop. Who knew that riding the bus could be so fun? We could have saved 9 hours and just rode the bus around Bremerton.





It was a really good day and I am glad that we did it. I can't wait for next family day in Seattle.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you guys go to all the Hard Rock Cafes every where you go. Do you get a shot glass too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get a shot glass, but we get a magnet. We were so bummed because they didn't have any yet in Seattle:( So we will have to go back.

    ReplyDelete