The Carter Cup...

The Carter Cup...
Atley, Sarah, Danny, and Tulip

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day Eve...








At Sylvan Way Church they were having Valentines dinner with Child Care:) It only cost $30 a couple. They girls got to play with other kids and have home made mac-n-cheese. With dirt and worms for dessert. We had more elegant dinner of spring salad, baked chicken, green beans, corn, and roll. For our dessert I had chocolate covered strawberries. My favorite:) They had decorated the Gym to look so nice. There were lights everywhere. The theme was called "a night under the stars" We had a very nicely decorated table and we got to see some skits and the pastor preached about love. It was such a great night. I told Danny that this felt like a grown up date. Cindy and John came with us. John had to work that day so he was very tired and I don't think that he had as much fun as Cindy, Danny and I did. But it was really nice to have friends with us. Seating at a table with 3 other couples would have been a little awkward. I can't wait to go again next year. Cindy wants to decorate one of the tables next year so that would be fun.













Danny and I played a couple of games of tic-tac-toe with the table decorations. The first game was cat and the second I won:





Danny and I asked Stina to come down and watch the girls so we could see Valentines Day. (We got to use the Gift card Dad got us for Christmas.) She is so sweet that she came down.



Danny and I had such a great date night it was the best Valentines Day that we had in a long time. Words can't describe how much fun it was.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice thing for the church to put on! Not everyone can get babysitters, especially on holidays. Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind my blogging so this is first time that I am ready your comment. Almost a month later. Anyway. It was nice. We had a great time and the girls had fun too.

    ReplyDelete